Friday, August 7, 2015

Summer Newsletter


Greetings clients, colleagues, and community members!

In this newsletter you will find information about a seasonal women's group I am offering, new massage therapy offerings, and an upcoming cleanse!!!    

Self-Care Sundays:  12-week women's group for increased vitality
If you know any women who may be interested in Self-care Sundays, please feel free to forward this message on! 

Are you a woman feeling like you need time to connect with yourself in new ways?  Are you struggling to understand the messages from your body?  Do you or anyone you know struggle with your monthly cycle?  Do you have endometriosis, uterine fibroids, heavy bleeding, intense cramping, or are dealing with a general loss of vitality and depletion?

Meeting for 6 alternating Sundays at a comfortable home in Richmond we will go through the Steps for Vibrant Health as put forth in Dr. Christiane Northrup's book, Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom.  We will share a nutritious, wholesome meal together in mindful silence, and each woman will be given the opportunity to retreat into solace for alone time, and to be seen and witnessed within the group in a conscientious sharing circle.  Uncover your personal health story to understand your body's wisdom more clearly, look into your personal beliefs around value, worth, and contribution.  Do it with other women who are committed to personal growth and taking charge of their health in an empowered way!  

In 12-weeks we will have a much better understanding of our bodies, a fuller connection to our inner guidance, and a plan of action in place to reclaim our natural vitality.

For anyone who is interested in this group I am offering the first meet up at no obligation so you can come, meet me, and feel into whether this is going to be a good fit for your needs.

Cost:  $250 up front.  Installment, sliding-scale available;

Where:  East Richmond Heights, 94805   When:  10am - 1pm every alternating Sunday beginning Sept. 13 - Nov. 22

To register:  contact me directly at jenniferbenorden@gmail.com for a consultation.  You may pay with a personal check, cash, or via Paypal.   

Massage Therapy:  El Cerrito, Oakland, corporate, and in-home offerings

I have been working at the Ojas Wellness Center at the El Cerrito Plaza for a year and a half!  THANK YOU so much to Nicole Becker from Ojas Yoga Studio who invited me into her studio.  It is an honor to work with such a wonderful teacher.   Check out the studio if you haven't been there yet!   www.ojasyogacenter.com   

FYI:  My office is down the hallway quite a ways from the yoga studio, towards the Joanne's Fabric's end of the building:   Ojas Wellness Center, Office # 729.  

Series Packages 
These are my top-sellers right now.  Get a discount by purchasing a 4-pack series of 30-min, 60-min or 90-min sessions.  It's a nice way to commit to your on-going self-care, while reaping a savings at the same time!  

Wednesday afternoons, Oakland
I have started seeing clients in Oakland on Wednesday afternoons over on Grand Avenue near the lake.  If you are interested to set up a session with me over there my normal rates apply.

Corporate Massage
Back in 1996 when I very first began working as a massage therapist, I started out in the corporate sector, working for Excite.com, Yahoo.com, and eventually Google!  

I am interested to get back into that setting.  Ideally an employer will see the value of bringing in a massage therapist regularly and will subsidize it for their employees.  After all, massage therapy helps to avoid repetitive stress injuries, helps with migraines and headaches, keeps people feeling energized and appreciated, and can go a long way towards increased productivity and the not-so-proverbial, "bottom line" of any company.

If you know of any companies who would like to bring in a seasoned massage therapist for regular employee appreciation, please do let me know!

My new passion:  Scar-tissue
Over the past couple of years I have really gotten interested in working with scar-tissue. If you know anyone who has had a recent or not-so-recent surgery and still has tightness around their scar, or even tenderness if it's a recent scar, I have begun to see wonderful results with this.  

For a very recent injury which is tender and fragile, this is my favorite time to work with clients because the subtle energy work helps the tissue to relax and breathe better!  A very, very delicate touch is applied which is almost like a feather, and I can almost watch as the area relaxes.  This allows for a speedier recovery and over time I've been privileged to work with a couple of clients to see their scars become more supple and soft.  

Maybe I can help you with yours!   Call me and we can talk about it.

In-home Massage
As always, I love bringing my table to a client's home to set up a spa day for them and/or their family members.    I offer one-hour, 90-minute, and two-hour in-home massages for up to 3 people at a time.  There is a travel fee attached to all out-call massage sessions.

Availability:

Ojas Wellness Center - Thursdays 2:30-9pm; Saturdays 2:30-7pm
In-home massage - Saturdays 11-2; Sundays 11-4; Wednesday 5-8
Oakland massage - Wednesdays 2-7pm

Rates

Please note I will be increasing my rates in the fall

30-min:  $40
60-min:  $85
90-min:  $125
2-hr:  $160

To schedule:  


Snap the Habit

In the fall my colleague Mayah Hegre and I are getting excited to offer a 21-day cleanse incorporating EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).   We have offered this cleanse as a 5-day cleanse in the past, but are looking forward to providing more support to help people truly break their addictions to carbs and sugars!!!  Stay tuned for more information.

Jupiter Wellness

I am currently developing a new website!!!!  So excited.  It will have on-line scheduling and more information about my women's groups, my cleanse, my massage therapy work and more.  I am hoping to release this in the fall so stay tuned!

********************
In summary, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your self-care strategy.  It is my honor and privilege, and I look forward to serving you throughout the rest of 2015 and beyond.....

Warm regards,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment